SEGA of America is happy to announce that the original Valkyria Chronicles is heading to the Nintendo Switch eShop on October 16, 2018! Experience the tale of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther, Sergeant Alicia Melchiott, and their comrades in Squad 7 in Valkyria Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. With stunning graphics from the CANVAS shader, this is the perfect way for fans to experience Squad 7’s story for the first time or rediscover it on a brand-new platform. See the game in action in the announcement trailer!
The game will be available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch™ on October 16, 2018 for $19.99, giving players the ability to command Squad 7 on the go for the first time on a Nintendo platform. Additionally, anyone who purchases Valkyria Chronicles 4 (releasing September 25, 2018) through the Nintendo eShop will automatically receive a $5.00 discount during checkout for Valkyria Chronicles – 25% off the original price! This promotion will run from the game’s launch on October 16, 2018 to December 17, 2018.
- Valkyria Chronicles on the Go – Command your troops wherever you go with the versatility and portability of the Nintendo Switch™.
- The Full Valkyria Chronicles Experience – All DLC from the original release of Valkyria Chronicles is included in the base package.
- A War Fought on Two Fronts – Taking place during the Second Europan War, the same conflict featured in the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles 4, Valkyria Chronicles follows the story of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther of Squad 7 as they fight to repel the invasion of the East Europan Imperial Alliance.
- CANVAS Aesthetics and BLiTZ Combat – Fall in love with the unique features of the Valkyria series; the stunning hand-drawn watercolor aesthetics of the CANVAS shader combined with the innovative tactical BLiTZ battle system make for an unforgettable gameplay experience.
- A Legendary Series Needs a Legendary Composer – Series composer Hitoshi Sakimoto brings the battlefield to life with an unforgettable, expertly-crafted soundtrack.