Assetto Corsa Competizione, the official Blancpain GT Series game, developed by KUNOS Simulazioni and published by 505 Games will leave Steam Early Access on May 29, 2019 for £34,99 The companies made the announcement during a press conference today at Monza Circuit, in conjunction with the start of the first round of SRO E-Sport GT Series; the new e-sport championship born from the partnership between Kunos Simulazioni and SRO, with the support of Pirelli and AK Informatica.
“We are well aware of the advantages given by the Steam Early Access program and with Assetto Corsa Competizione we have further improved interaction with the community during this essential phase,” said Marco Massarutto, co-founder, brand & product manager of Kunos Simulazioni. “This synergy allowed us to make changes, additions and improvements during the development stage, guaranteeing an even better driving and gaming experience at launch. The gallery of images that we’re sharing with this announcement was not realized by our studio, but was created directly by our players, to highlight not only the visual quality and the obsessive attention to details, but also the essential contribution and support that our community has been giving us for years now.”
The final version of Assetto Corsa Competizione will include the following key features:
- MULTIPLAYER AND SINGLEPLAYER MODES: Assetto Corsa Competizione will have an advanced ranking system which will evaluate both individual performance and driving behavior, rewarding the most virtuous drivers and promoting fair play in online competitions. The effective matchmaking function will make sure that users can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow the players to compare single-lap performance with drivers from all around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions. Career, Championship and Free Play modes will offer a complete and customizable gaming experience, suitable for players of every skill level.
- CHAMPIONSHIP AND CAREER MODES: Assetto Corsa Competizione will include a brand-new Career Mode designed in collaboration with Lamborghini Squadra Corse and official driver Mirko Bortolotti – Blancpain GT Series champion 2017 – whowill introduce players to the first driving tests, giving them precious suggestions to start their adventure in the Blancpain GT Series. This mode will allow users to create their own racing team to take on all driving tests and racing weekends with an astonishing level of realism and with the main objective of any professional driver: to win. Championship mode will allow to virtually reproduce the Blancpain GT Series Season in the shoes of one of the official drivers.
- REALISTIC WEATHER CONDITIONS: Assetto Corsa Competizione will include competitions of different durations – from Sprint 60’ races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race – which will give to players the chance to experience variable weather conditions during the whole race, influencing the track’s visibility and car handling. The possibility to set different weather conditions will help create races that are always different, with outcomes that are never given for granted.
- THE MOST ACCURATE CIRCUITS: Thanks to LaserScan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the utmost accuracy: All curbs and details perfectly replicate their real counterparts, granting a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible.
- ADVANCED VISUAL AND AUDIO EFFECTS: Unreal Engine 4 will guarantee photorealistic rendering and an accurate representation of scenarios, car materials and weather conditions. Thanks to the multi-channel audio sampling of real GT cars, the game conveys captivating and immersive acoustic surroundings and realistic environmental effects.
Assetto Corsa Competizione, which be available in version 1.0 on Steam on May 29, 2019 for £34,99, is currently available in Early Access.
For further information on Assetto Corsa Competizione, check the official site http://assettocorsa.net/