Award-Winning Wilderness Survival Indie Game and Expansion Packs Available Soon in New Retail Bundle
Independent publisher 505 Games and developer Klei Entertainment have come Together – and more – to announce that the Don’t Starve Mega Pack, which includes the original whimsical Don’t Starve experience, the Don’t Starve Together multiplayer add-on and the game’s expansions, will be arriving to retail for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Tuesday, April 17 in North America, and Friday, April 20 in Europe.
The Don’t Starve Mega Pack is priced at £24.99. Learn more about the uncompromising wilderness survival game in a new trailer, released today:
The Don’t Starve Mega Pack expands upon Don’t Starve‘s already content-rich gameplay with the following:
- Don’t Starve Together – A standalone multiplayer expansion to Don’t Starve where players must team up with their friends to gather resources and craft survival items, or strike out against their own, to last the nights.
- Reign of Giants – An expansion pack that brings new characters, environments and beasts to the worlds of Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together! Reign of Giants brings new mysteries, scientific innovations, resources and massive creatures of the wilderness to either help you or kill Wilson and his companions;
- Shipwrecked — A single player story expansion in which players will find themselves stranded on a tropical archipelago and must learn to survive all over again with new biomes, seasons, creatures, resources and recipes to discover, craft and survive against.
The Don’t Starve Mega Pack also includes a custom controller skin, featuring high quality, full-colour art of the distinctive creatures and inhabitants from the beloved franchise.
In Don’t Starve, players take on the role of Wilson – a Gentleman Scientist who is trapped in a mysterious world by a demon – and must learn to exploit their environment and its inhabitants in order to return home. Contending against randomly generated worlds filled with dark and eccentric visuals and a full range of environmental hazards that only a full year of seasons can bring. To survive, players must explore the world to discover its’ mysteries, gather a variety of resources and craft items and structures that match their survival style – all without instructions, help or hand-holding.
Console survivalists will receive exclusive features such as split-screen local co-op so they can grab a controller with a friend and explore the depths of the wild together without connecting online.
PlayStation 4 survivors who purchase the Don’t Starve Mega Pack will also get two PS4 dynamic themes to enjoy as they play:
The Shipwrecked theme:
- Set sail and head to the tropical high seas with Wilson who has found himself in troubled waters. This fully animated theme from Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked is scored with official music and drawn in the game’s signature style.
- Wilson survives in Autumn in this animated theme from Don’t Starve. Scored with official music and drawn in the game’s signature style.
The Don’t Starve Mega Pack will be available for purchase at major retailers, including Amazon and Game for £24.99.