505 Games, in partnership with creators Re-Logic and developer Pipeworks Studio are bringing the 2D action-adventure game Terraria to retail shelves across Europe and Oceania for Nintendo Switch beginning today. Terraria is available for purchase physically from participating retail stores on the following dates and locations, priced at £24.99 in most locations:
Thursday, August 22 at participating retailers in Spain, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand
Friday, August 23 at participating retailers in U.K. France, Italy and other supported European territories
Terraria debuts on Nintendo Switch today, packed with popular features and content from the previous 1.3 PC/console update and enhanced for Nintendo Switch consoles, including:
- Touch screen support to quickly navigate inventory and add more finesse in building, digging and combat (two joy-con™controllers required per player)
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player’s skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- New Expert Mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master
Along with new features included in this update, Pipeworks Studio and Re-Logic have also reported several enhancements to stability, functionality and overall game performance. A complete list of enhancements and fixes can be reviewed on the official game website at www.terraria.org.