505 Games, in partnership with creators Re-Logic and developer DR Studios have rebuilt Terraria for mobile, delivering a reimagined experience that is now available to current mobile players as a free update on the App Store and Google Play. New players can purchase the handcrafted mobile version of Terraria from the App Store and Google Play for £4.99
The 1.3 Terraria update for mobile boasts a ton of new and exciting content and features available to players, delivering a completely reimagined experience on mobile where every pixel has been handcrafted to provide a level of polish and capability previously not available. Multiplayer on mobile is now playable with up to 7 friends via local wifi or online, and new world sizes – the same size as on Terraria for PC.
The update also introduces the huge amount of content from the 1.3console update, including:
- New World Sizes – Small/Medium/Large
- Multiplayer – Play with up to 7 friends on Local Wifi or Online via device-device Wifi hosted games or through the Mobile Terraria Dedicated Server for PC (available for free on Terraria.org)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 15 Bosses and Events to truly test the player’s skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moon Lord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- New Expert Mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master
For the best Terraria experience, mobile players using Apple devices are encouraged to run the game on iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 or newer, running at least iOS 8.0. Players are encouraged to update their mobile devices to the latest version of iOS for optimal performance. Terraria mobile players using Android devices are encouraged to use devices with a least 2GB of RAM and running at least Android 4.3. For a complete list of recommended mobile specifications for Terraria on mobile, please visit www.terraria.org.
A complete list of mobile enhancements and fixes can be reviewed on the official game forums at https://forums.terraria.org.